Sustainable Bolivia is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization with offices in the United States and Bolivia. The organization’s mission it to promote economic and environmental sustainability through international collaboration with local Bolivian initiatives. Sustainable Bolivia and Pisatahua are independent organizations; however, they are intimately connected through financial support and human resource sharing.
Sustainable Bolivia was originally founded in 2007 in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Since its inception, the organization has received over 1,000 volunteers from more than 50 countries and raised an estimated $600,000 to support grass-root initiatives in Bolivia. Additionally, Sustainable Bolivia has provided 18 scholarships to qualified and deserving Bolivian students. Sustainable Bolivia is the international non-profit extension of the Bolivian-based non-profit “Fundación Amazonia.”
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/customer/www/aquicuana.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 184
- Education and Youth Development: To work with children and young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds in orphanages or daycare centers.
- Ecotourism and Conservation: To help the development of a community-based ecotourism project, lead biodiversity research or conservation work and environmental education.
- NGO Support: To help us with communication, marketing, research, or grant writing and have experience in international cooperation and development.
- Art and Research Residencies: We promote the arts and research in Riberalta and in Bolivia while fostering intercultural exchange between international and local people from different backgrounds but with the same interests.
- Pisatahua, Plant Medicine Retreat: Pisatahua is an integrative plant-medicine retreat, located in the Aquicuana Reserve. Sustainable Bolivia is Pisatahua’s sister non-profit.
Fundación Amazonia is a Bolivian-based non-profit that fosters ecologically sound solutions for economic and social development in the Amazon Basin. Founded in 2017, Fundación Amazonia acts a Pisatahua’s non-profit extension to promote community based ecotourism, environmental education, reforestation, regenerative agricultural, and conservation projects. Fundación Amazonia is Pisatahua’s non-profit “on the ground”, working alongside local communities to provide sustainable livelihood opportunities, while protecting the flora fauna of the newly founded Aquicuana Reserve.